Day 01. Lima Airport Hotel
We provide your airport reception in Lima and escort you to the hotel.
Day 02: Tour at Lima
In the morning, we start the tour in the capital city of Peru, Lima. You will visit colonial and modern sites, which include visits to the Cathedral, Convent of Santo Domingo, the Government Palace, Miraflores, Barranco, the Beach circuit and finally return to the hotel at 6:00pm.
Day 03: Lima-Paracas - Ica - Nazca
Very early in the morning, at 4:30am, we begin the three-hour bus ride to the Port of the Paracas National Reserve. We are greeted with a two-hour tour of the Ballestas Islands where you will see: sea lions, penguins, dolphins, and more than 200 species of birds. After the tour, we will travel fifty minutes to the city of Ica to visit vineyards and the area most famous for producing wines and Piscos of international recognition. You can take an optional lunch here before we move on to visit the desert oasis of La Huacachina. We take an hour rest before a final two hour trip to the province of Nazca where we settle into our night in a hostel.
Day 04: Flight Over Nazca Lines - Arequipa
We go to the local airport for a briefing before the Nazca flight. You will do a flight over the enigmatic Nazca lines, about forty to fifty minutes long. At the end of the flight, we will tour some other important areas such as the Chauchilla Cemetery, view the artisan ceramic process and see manufacturers of artisanal gold. At the end we have a basic lunch. We then catch the 3:30pm bus with Cruz del Sur to the city of Arequipa, arriving approximately ten hours later. We are received and taken to the hostel.
Day 05: Tour in Arequipa
The morning is reserved for acclimatization and free time. After lunch, at 2:00pm, the tour will start in the city, visiting the most important places of Arequipa, such as the Cathedral and the Monastery of Santa Catalina, among other interesting places. At 6:30 pm, we return to the hostel for the briefing for the next day.
Day 06: Colca Canyon
Breakfast is at 7:30am before we go to the Colca Valley, approximately four hours away. From our tourist class bus, we see beautiful landscapes and the Volcanos Misti and Chachani, as well as vicuña habitat. We go up to 4600m before descending into Chivay for lunch and to our hostel. The rest of the afternoon is free and an optional visit to the hot springs of La Calera, located 2 km away, can be made.
Day 07: Chivay Mirador del Condor-Arequipa
After a 5:45pm breakfast, we start toward the Colca Valley, seeing beautiful landscapes and arriving in Cabanaconde two hours later. We are here to enjoy the Mirador del Condor, where you have a beautiful view of the canyon and, of course, see the spectacular flights of the condors. After enjoying this wonderful place and moments with the condors, we return to Chivay, and along the way visit some other interesting places. We have lunch and return to the city of Arequipa, arriving at approximately 5:30pm. We spend the night in the hostel after being informed on the details of your trip to Puno.
Day 08: Arequipa - Puno
We go to the bus terminal early in the morning to begin our seven hour trip to Puno. We go directly to the hostel in Puno to relax.
Day 09: Island of Urus-Amantani Puno
The tour begins at 7:30am with the pickup of passengers from their respective hotels. We head to the boat for the guide’s presentation and to begin the journey. The first stop is to the island of Urus. This place is known for the skill of its people in building houses and the bringing forth of their handmade made totoras. After a tour, we board the boat again for a few hours, arriving at the island of Amantani. Here we spend the night in a family houses with basic services, and visit the island with a guide. We get a welcome dinner and a folk show!
Day 10: Amantani - Taquile Islands - Puno
After breakfast, we continue to Taquile Island, where we spend much of the day getting to know the customs of the local people. Taquile is known for the warmth of its people and the quality of their textiles. We will also visit the Inca and colonial area. Finally, we return to the city of Puno at approximately 4:30pm and return to your hotel.
Day 11: Puno-Cusco
In the morning we take the bus, ten hours to Cusco. Along the way we’ll visit some amazing sites such as Pikillacta, Raqchi and Andahualillas. We arrive in Cusco at 2:30pm and go to the hostel, leaving the rest of the afternoon free for personal activities.
Day 12: Sacred Valley of the Incas Cusco
After an 8:40am breakfast, we begin the tour to the Sacred Valley, visiting the Pisaq Market and Pisaq archeological zone. Then, we continue to Calca and Urubamba for a lunch buffet. In the afternoon you will visit the archeological zone of Ollantaytambo. We’ll return to Cusco by way of Chinchero, in order to visit its colonial church, the archeological zone and market, before arriving in Cusco at 6:50pm. We close the day with a briefing with your guide about the trip for the next day.
Day 13: Machupicchu Cusco
After an early, 5:30am breakfast at the hostel, we take the four hour train ride directly to the town of Aguas Calientes, at the base of Machupicchu. The trip is pleasant, with stunning landscapes and mountains on the route. Then we board the bus that will take us the last thirty minutes up to the archaeological site of Machupicchu. We have a two-hour guided tour of the most important parts of the ruins and then you’ll have free time to walk around or climb Mt Waynapicchu. In the afternoon we head down to Aguas Calientes and take the 4:20pm train to Ollantaytambo or Cusco, arriving at 8:20pm. We return to the hostel.
Day: 14 Cusco-Lima
After breakfast, you’re provided with transportation to the airport to return to Lima
Our service includes:
- Welcoming Pisco Sour
- Reception and transfer from the Lima airport to the hotel on the first day
- Lima City Tour: Guide, private transport, entrance fees
- Bus service in First class from Lima to Paracas-Pisco
- Accommodation in a 3*** hotel with breakfast and private bath
In Pisco Paracas:
- Excursion to the Ballestas Islands: Professional Guide, motor boat, transfer, entrance fees
- Private transportation from Paracas to Ica
- Accommodation in Paracas
- Vineyard Excursion: Transportation, tour guide, entrances fees
- Basic lunch and visit to Huacachina
- Accommodation in a 3*** hotel with private bath and breakfast
- Flight over the Nazca Lines and Guide
- Local tax
- Nazca City Tour: Guide, transportation, entrance fees
- 01 basic lunch
- First class bus service from Nasca to Arequipa
- Reception and transfer to Hotel
- Excursion for the City: Guide, transportation, entrance fees.
- Excursion to the Colca Canyon: Guide, transportation, accommodation, entrance fees.
- Lodging Hotel 3 *** with private bath and breakfast
- Transfer Airport Hotel
- Bus from Arequipa to Puno
- Reception and transfer to Hotel
- Welcoming coca tea
- Trip to the Islands: Transfer, guide, boat, life jacket, 01 lunch, 01 night in a family’s home, 01 dinner, folk show
- Transfer to hotel
- Night in a 3*** hotel with breakfast and a private bath
- Bus from Puno to Cusco in first class: Guide, lunch, visits according to the program
- Reception and transfer to the hotel
- Welcoming coca tea
- Cusco City Tour: Guide, transportation, entrance fees
- Excursion to the Sacred Valley: Guide, transportation, lunch buffet, entrance fees.
- Excursion to Machupicchu: Train ticket in the Vistadome tourist-class car, transfers, entrance fees
- Machupicchu bus, Machupicchu Guide.
- First aid kit
- International Flights
- Local Air Taxes
- Food extras unspecified in the program
- Extras not mentioned in the program