Day 01: Transfers Airport Lima-Cusco-City Tour
We provide your ride from the hotel in Lima to the Lima airport for your flight to Cusco. In Cusco you are received and brought to the selected hotel. The afternoon is left free for acclimatization. At 7:30pm, we’ll have a briefing with the group and the guide about the trip to the Inca Trail.
Day 02: Cusco - Km. 82-Wayllabamba (Inca Trail)
We provide private transportation to Km 82, passing through Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. At Km 82, we begin our hike and pass through the first control point along the Urubamba River. We visit Llactapata, an important archaeological site. Here we’ll have a snack, rest, and then continue to the first camp at Wayllabamba. We dine and have our briefing for next day. (Lunch / Dinner)
Day 03: Wayllabamba - Pacaymayo (Inca Trail)
This morning we have an Andean breakfast. This is the hardest day of the trek, reaching an altitude of 4200m at Warmyhuañusca. From here there is a breathtaking view of snow-capped mountains and then we continue the hike down to Pacaymayu where we camp. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 04: Pacaymayu - Wiñay Wayna (Inca Trail)
We have an early breakfast and follow the Inca Trail to reach the archeological zone of Runkuracay. Here there are important remnants of the Inca culture, which we visit and then continue on to Sayacmarca for lunch. Along the journey we’ll see the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca, and after another short walk, we’ll reach last camp, Wiñay Wayna, where we have dinner and relax for the night. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 05: Wyñaywayna - Cusco - Machupicchu (Inca Trail)
An early breakfast wakes us up for the hour and a half journey to Intipunku. This is where we’ll see the fabulous sunrise and panoramic view of the Citadel of Machupicchu! We are entreated to a two-hour guided tour of the ruins before taking our free time to explore on our own and climb Mount Waynapicchu. Finally we head down by bus to Aguas Calientes, have lunch (optionally), and take the 4:20pm train to return to Cusco or Ollantaytambo. We arrive in Cusco at night, at 8:30pm, and return to our hostel for a well deserved rest. (Breakfast)
Day 06: Free
We have the whole day-off to prepare for our rafting trip on the Apurimac River the next day. There is an optional city tour available for those interested. At 7:00pm we hold the briefing for the trip to the Apurimac River.
Day 07: Cusco Rafting Apurimac
At 9:00am we meet the group in the private bus and we’ll head to Huallpachaca, the put-in site in the Apurimac River Valley, a journey of approximately four hours. Lunch is held by the river and the guides will give a safety briefing and hand-out the gear (helmet, neoprene suit, life jackets, spray jacket). The first day is easy and we enter the river, do a few practice runs on class II and III rapids, for about two hours, and then arrive at the first camp (lunch/dinner). We receive a filling dinner and a briefing for the second day before retiring.
Day 08: Rafting Apurimac
After a good breakfast and some stretches, we will enter the river for a full six hours of rafting class III IV rapids. Between the rapids, we gaze up to enjoying the beauty of the canyon on this amazing day. Finally we will arrive at the next campsite for a bonfire and dinner. (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
Day 09: Rafting Apurimac - Cusco
With an early start, we’ll pack up and have breakfast to fuel us for our last four hours of rafting on Class I, II, III, IV and V rapids, depending on the water level, and portaging around a few spots due to safety concerns. After the adventure, we’ll have a great lunch on the banks of the river and finally return back to Cusco at 4:30pm. Tonight we’ll gather to watch the trip video and say our farewells to our new friends!
Day: 10 Free
This is reserved as a free day to explore Cusco. You can also take an optional tour. At night we have our briefing on the trip to Puerto Maldonado.
Day 11: Puerto Maldonado-Boca Pariamanu (Puerto Maldonado)
We fly from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado where we are received at the airport and brought to the Puerto Pastora, where we take a boat along the Madre de Dios River and Las Piedras to the Boca Pariamanu River, to arrive at our first campsite. At night we enjoy a traditional "Caimaneo," a look for wild alligators in the river. During the trip you can appreciate the great diversity of flora and wildlife, including birds such as eagles, vultures, periquitos, or animals like capybaras, caimans, giant trees and many other species. We dine in camp this evening.
Day 12: Boca Pariamanu - Collpa of Guacamayo (Puerto Maldonado)
After breakfast, we continue the trip upriver for about three hours to the Collpa of Pariamanu and our second campsite. Then we begin a walk through the forest to see a large variety of medicinal plants, timber and chestnut trees or Brazil nuts, birds and animals, monkeys, sajinos and other species. We return to camp for lunch and take a short rest. In the afternoon you can go fishing in the river and in the evening we will visit a small collpa mammal and then return to the camp.
Day 13: Collpa of Guacamayo / Rio Piedras
After breakfast we’ll visit the Collpa Lick and parrots for about two hours. These birds eat the clay off the cliff for the salt which is rich in minerals, especially calcium, which serves to neutralize the body’s toxins, as they feed mainly on green fruit. Then, we move on to visit a small lake that has a variety of birds and other species before returning to Boca Piedra, our camp site. There will be an optional caimaneo.
Day 14: Boca Stonefly / Puerto Maldonado / Airport
After breakfast, we return to Puerto Maldonado and the airport to fly to Cusco. We return to our hotel in Cusco.
Day 15: Cusco - Puno
At 7:30am, we go to the Inka Express Bus Terminal to travel about ten hours, visiting the sights on the route to Puno with a guide and personalized service on board, in addition to a good lunch. We arrive in Puno and transfer to the hotel. We hold a briefing for the next day’s trip before going to bed.
Day 16: Isle of Urus-Amantani Puno
The tour begins at 7:30am with the pickup of passengers from their respective hotels. We head to the boat for the guide’s presentation and to begin the journey. The first stop is to the island of Urus. This place is known for the skill of its people in building houses and the bringing forth of their handmade made totoras, reed boats. After a tour, we board the boat again for a few hours, arriving at the island of Amantani. Here we spend the night in family houses with basic services, and visit the island with a guide. We get a welcome dinner and a folk show!
Day 17: Amantani - Taquile Islands - Puno
After breakfast, we continue to Taquile Island, where we spend much of the day getting to know the customs of the local people. Taquile is known for the warmth of its people and the quality of their textiles. We will also visit the Inca and colonial areas. Finally, we return to the city of Puno, at approximately 4:30pm, and return to your hotel.
Day 18: Arequipa - Puno
In the morning, we take a six-hour bus ride to Arequipa, and to our hostel. After lunch in Arequipa, we’ll begin the city tour, visiting the most important sights. At night we hold a briefing on the trip to Colca Canyon.
Day 19: Arequipa-Pampa San Miguel (Colca Canyon)
We will depart at 6:00am from Arequipa to the town of Cabanaconde, where we will arrive at around 1:00pm for lunch. We will then rest for an hour and begin the three hour walk toward Pampa San Miguel, the paradisiacal Colca Valley, and appreciating typical villages such as San Juan de Chuccho along the way. As we hike, we’ll note the majestic condors and the mythical Sepegrina before reaching our camp and a nice warm dinner. (Lunch / Dinner)
Day 20: Cosñihua - Malata (Colca Canyon)
We have breakfast at the camp and then hike to the village of Tapay, approximately two hours away. Then we continue, visiting the people of Cosñirhua, Malata, and then traveling on an impressive path. We even pass along the suspension bridge from Sangalle and enjoy an excellent swim in the pool of an oasis before having lunch. We have the afternoon free and spend the night in camp. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 21: Oasis-Sangalle (Colca Canyon)
After a 5:00am breakfast, we take a three-hour walk to the village of Cabanaconde. Then we return to Arequipa, visiting some of the main attractions along the way, such as: Cruz del Condor, Mirador de Antalhuilque, Choquetico, and small towns in the valley. We have lunch in Chivay at around 12:30pm and then return to Arequipa at 7:00pm.
Day 22: Lima Arequipa
After breakfast, we fly to Lima where the tour finishes. (Optional: take the route to Nazca and Paracas and return to Lima, see our prices)
Our service includes:
- Transfer from Lima Hotel to Lima Airport on the 1st day
- Transfer from Cusco Airport to Cusco Hotel
- Welcome Coca Tea
- Hotel with breakfast and private bath
- Passage between Cusco and Puerto Maldonado
- Bus Inka Cusco to Puno Express
- Excursion to the Inca Trail includes: Briefing one night before with the guide and members for the Inca Trail tour, Private transportation from the hotel at the beginning of the Inca Trail km. 82, Entrance fees to Inca Trail and Machupicchu, Professional Guide (2 guides with a larger group of 12 persons), Tent of 3 or 4 seasons for 2 people allowing space for luggage, Double Mattress or inflatable for Camp, assistant cook with specialized equipment and complete Kitchen, Meals (03breakfasts, 03lunches, 03dinners) varied to suit the client with an option for vegetarian food. Tea with bocaditos every day including coca tea for the altiutude, porters to carry group food and group camping equipment, dining tent with tables and chairs, Large Kitchen Tent, Accommodation for our porter and cook, First-aid kit with oxygen, Bus from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes, Ticket on the economic train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes or Ollantaytambo, Transfer from the train station in Cusco or Ollantaytambo to your Hotel in Cusco.
- Apurimac River Rafting Trip Includes: Class V professional guides with specialized courses in First Aid, First-Aid Kit, all meals during the trip, self-bailing rubber rafts, waterproof bag for luggage, tents and double mattress, Safety Kayak, cargo boat, video service and a t-shirt.
- In Puerto Maldonado: Transfer from the Airport to the Lodge, Complete meals, Professional Guide, Accommodation in bungalow, Assistance, Admission to the Tambopata Reservation,Flight from Cusco – Puerto Maldonado – Cusco
- Reception and transfer to Hotel
- Welcome Coca Tea
- Trip to the islands: transfer, guide, boat, life jacket, 01 lunch, 01 night in the family home, 01 dinner and show.
- Internal transfers
- Hotel with breakfast and private bath
- Bus ticket from Puno to Arequipa
- Transfer from Terminal to Hotel
- Welcome Coca Tea
- Tour in the City: Guide, Transportation, Entrance fees
- Night in Hotel with breakfast and private bath
- Flight from Arequipa to Lima
- Transfers from the Hotel-Airport.
- Excursion to the Colca Canyon: Briefing on the trip one night before the trip by the guide, Bus service-Cabanaconde Tourism Arequipa - Arequipa, General Transfers, professional Bilingual Guide, First-aid kit, Camping equipment during the walking section, 01 night in cabin, Full meals according to the program
- International Airfare
- Air Taxes
- Sleeping bags (you can rent them at our office at $5.00 per day)
- Lunches / dinners not indicated in itinerary